If your child is :
- CRANKY try:
- Taking a deep breath yourself. The more frustrated you are, the crankier he'll be.
- Singing a silly song while you put on his clothes.
- ANTSY try:
- Making a game out of getting ready. Create a chart with morning tasks down the side and days across the top. Add a sticker as he finishes each chore.
- Challenging him to a race. Set a kitchen timer and see if he can get dressed and washed up before the buzzer goes off.
- Giving him a small glass of 100% juice. His blood sugar is probably low after a night of sleep.
- Putting on some upbeat music and dancing your way through morning chores.