If you are feeling cranky don't blame it on your PMS, it could be that you're not eating enough. If you are skipping meals regularly or skimping on meals, it can mean you are not getting enough serotonin. Serotonin is a brain chemical that helps keep anger in check. Good thing you can eat your way to a calmer mood. Serotonin needs the amino acid tryptophan (known as turkey drug) to work, and it only comes from food.
Here are some food combos that will help boost our moods because they are packed with healthy dose of tryptophan with carbs and protein to keep you satisfied and smiling.
- BREAKFAST: Oatmeal and eggs. Their fiber and protein give yo a long-lasting energy blast to start the day.
- SNACK: Banana and yogurt. Perk up with yogurt's mood-lifting vitamin D bonus.
- LUNCH: Baked potato and cheddar cheese. This duo also offers B vitamins to soothe your stress.
- SNACK: Pistachios and prunes. Rev up with this protein-fiber powerhouse.
- DINNER: Salmon and brown rice. The brain-boosting omega-3's and mood-stabilizing fiber help make this meal the ultimate happy fix.
- Pumpkin seeds